- The cities of Bordeaux, Saintes and La Rochelle . Each of them with magnificent buildings from a rich past and a great selection of restaurants and shops.
- Wine trails through the Medoc, St. Emilion and Côte de Bourg. We are happy to organize a wine, cognac and pineau – tasting at a local winery or a visit to a cooperage where you see how the wine and cognac barrels are made.
- Strolling around the local markets near Soubran and in July and August the marchés nocturnes (night market) in Montendre and Jonzac.
- A day at the beach, on a breathtaking route through Mortagne, Talmont (one of the most beautiful villages in France) and Meschers to a little bay or to the larger resort of Royan. This picturesque villages on the banks of the ‘ Estuary ‘ (the Gironde estuary) have colourful beaches and marinas, surrounded by restaurants and bars.
- A visit to the impressive Aquarium (La Rochelle) or the beautiful La Palmyre Zoo (near Royan). Both very much worth the effort.
- Between Marennes and La Tremblade you will find the largest oyster producing area in Europe, a unique and authentic setting. Here you can enjoy a delicious ‘ fruits de mer’; the oysters and mussels are taken out of the water next to your table, so to speak.
- A boat trip around the islands, by various lighthouses, Fort Boyard and others. Or would you prefer to hire a boat and float on the waves?
- There are several castles to visit (and their gardens) such as Chateau de la Roche Courbon and Chateau de Beaulon with its unique blue springs.
- Play a round of golf in Cognac, Saintes, Royan or the 9-hole golf course in Montendre.
- Every week there are several flea markets, we will inform you where and when.
Of course this list is incomplete, the tropical paradise (les Antilles) is not listed, nor are the various walking and cycling routes, the opportunity to go horse riding or maybe you want to go karting. We are ready to advise you and tell it all.
But of course you can just sit down beside our pool or anywhere in the garden and enjoy the sun with a good book.